Asus new breed of computers, the Eee Pad Transformer and Slider, will sit between the range of netbooks and tablets. Both have unique features that will catalyze Asus in the computer and tablet race.
The new innovative creation of the company, Asus Eee Pad Slider, will showcase a built-in QWERTY keyboard slider first on it’s line as an Android tablet. This primary feature is one of the key that makes it a hybrid form of tablet and netbook.
Sitting between the tablet and netbook position, the Slider offers other hardware feats for both lines. Worth to highlights are its USB 2.0 and HDMI ports, and the dual camera located in back and front.
Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 Price and Specs:
- 10.1″ LED Backlit Multitouch Display @ 1200 x 800 pixels resolution
- Nvidia Tegra 2 1.0 Dual processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16/32GB Storage with Unlimited Asus Web Storage
- WiFi b/g/n and Bt 2.1
- 5MP rear and 1.2MP front cameras
- Surround Sound
- HDMI, USB 2.0, MicroSD & Audio Ports
- 8hrs ave. life at 25Wh Li-Polymer battery
- Color: Brown, White
- Price (not yet announce): $500 – $600 as my calculated price
- Release: September – November depending on regions
Is Asus Slider ready to replace your netbook?
For the price point difference, the netbook is of course lower because it lacks some features such as the touch screen, the dual camera, etc. The only advantage I can think of the netbooks are on the storage size, most of netbooks will have an average of 120GB to 320GB of storage.
While on the Slider, from the design to mobility functions, it surely worth to have than on netbook especially if you can afford to get one. Also, this will somehow redefine your tablet experience. But overall it will still depend on how much you have and what do you need most.
Asus Slider new video ad promotion:
Gallery of Asus Slider SL101: