If you finally jailbroken your iDevice (iPad, iPhone 4, iPod, iTunes) then probably you will notice that your iBooks is not working again. That’s because this is an issue that came from the jailbreak. And if you want not to fix (a fix available below) first your iDevice and instead use another ebook reader app then I suggest Kindle for you–Kobo App is my 2nd choice because I haven’t tried it yet.
Alternative eBook Readers Apps Aside From iBooks
- Kindle – my no. 1 choice for ebooks (real electronic books)
- Kobo – no. 2 choice for ebooks
- Martview – specialize for magazines
- FileApp – specialize for documents esp. microsoft word
- MyPadMedia – haven’t tried yet
Kindle is a free ebook reader app for iOS and optimized well for iPad, iPhone, iPod. It supports .mobi format of ebooks file. I like this more compare to other ebook readers as this one is closest to iBooks with sepia to white background change, font resizing, etc. The only con for this one is that you will need to download or convert ebooks on .mobi format (Kindle format). You can search the web for pdf to epub/mobi converter if you want to convert some ebooks.
Here’s how to transfer eBooks from iTunes to iPad, iPhone, or iPod
- Be sure to have your files ready in .mobi format (pdf and epub will not be read, use web to search for converter). Or use Kobo to have pdf and epub formats supported.
- Connect iOS device to computer. Will work for non-jailbroken device too.
- Run iTunes
- Click on your iDevice name (Jade’s iPad). See image below.
- Click on Apps located on top bar
- Browse and hover to Kindle or Kobo App below.
- Drag eBooks to the box or use add function.
- Run Cydia. Be sure to have iBooks installed on iDevice.
- Go to Sources.
- Edit and add source repo.insanelyi.com
- Search via insanelyi repo or cydia for iBooksFix2
- Install and done!