Although the Nokia N9 and the Lumia 800 runs in different operating system but almost identical to design. Each has clearly hits and misses when comparing them both especially on music section. So which do you think will win if we placed them both on the music test? Will the metro style win you? Or it is the simplified with touch experience? Find out below.
Here are the shots when putting each device side-by-side and comparing the music player ui:
1. Main lists of songs with shuffle play control on each.
2. Playing song dashboard. Swipe from left-to-right vice versa is supported from each player for next control.
3. Main music gallery, grid on MeeGo, while Metro lists style on WP. Music + Video hub is one on WP but you could navigate further to music.
4. Lockscreen music player controls. Lockscreen animation is triggered when Lumia 800 (WP) is lock and there is a song playing.
5. Artists and Albums view. Long press scrolling is possible on Meego, while WP uses alphabets for local music browsing.
Music Player Interface
I can simply conclude that both music player layout are excellent from each other. Music playback offerings is very rich with wide functions such as playing controls, integration, organizing and so much more. It is just a matter of preferences for choosing the best for you.
Loudness & Audio Quality
In terms of loudspeaker output, the Nokia Lumia 800 is better compare to Nokia N9, though this was not proven numerically by testing the frequency level still it is noticeable by ears that Lumia 800 wins. The same on headset (included in package) audio output, Lumia 800 produces clearer sound quality and bass & treble is more balanced unlike on Nokia N9 where high frequency (treble) are more produced which is uncomfortable on ears when volume is maxed out. I’m not sure if this is due to a faulty unit but I’ve searched that in order to proved that N9 has mediocre sound output both on loudspeaker and headset, and it’s true for some users.
For enhancing Nokia N9′s audio output, I recommend to get a on-ear and much better in-ear headset which has in-line controls other than from call/end key and try to utilize equalizer for it but, unfortunately, equalizer is only present on other music player for MeeGo such as Sigma Player.