For starters, Asus Zenbook series of Ultrabooks came when the Asus UX21 and UX31 were announced last year, both are 11.6″ and 13.3″ inches respectively. Not so long Asus have refreshed the line up with two new models — the UX21A and UX31A which bring upgrades to speed, functionalities, and features.
The new models, UX21A and UX31A looks similarly with their predecessor, the UX21 and UX31. But if you look closely enough and inspect the innards you will see the difference. Much more if you powered on and run a test.
The lists of upgrades are not that many yet all these are important elements of the Ultrabooks series especially the Ivy Bridge processor, Intel’s new generation of processors after Sandy Bridge, and the present of Full HD (1080p) resolution for both 11.6″ and 13.3″ variants.
UX21A and UX31A Lists of the changes and the differences from the predecessor:
- Ivy Bridge CPU, from Core i3-3217U to Core i5 & i7-3217U choices, All are Dual Cores
- Full HD resolution 1920x1080p all in IPS screen
- Boost GPU power through Intel HD 4000
- 2GB/4GB Low Power DDR3 RAM
- 256GB SSD base storage
- WiDi added (wireless display protocol from Intel)
- Backlit keyboard
- Battery life: 6-7 for the 13.3″ and 5 for 11.6″
- Release Date: Q3 2012, Ivy Bridge Global Release
- Price (base specs): for 13.3″ and for 11.6″ (Philippines est. pricing 47k & 45k)